The contest “Baltic Voice” is going to take place in the beautiful town of Juodkrantė in the Curonian Spit – nature‘s creation that was inscribed into the UNESCO World Heritage List in 2000. Participants from all over the world will come to show their talent on stage, giving a chance for the audience to experience the musical culture differences from a variety of nations, as well as visit magnificent places in the seaside resort in their spare time.
Participants will have to perform 2 songs. The total length – no longer than 8 min.
• Soloists (pop, rock, classical, musical, dance, r‘n‘b) will be divided into age groups of 5-9; 10-12; 13-15; 16-18; 19-21; 22-30. The 1st song – free choice, 2nd song – world hit.
• Soloists (jazz, blues, soul) will be divided into age groups 5-9; 10-12; 13-15; 16-18; 19-21; 22-30. Both songs – free choice.
• Ensembles will be divided into age groups of 6-12; 13-18; 19-30. The 1st song – free choice, 2ndsong – world hit. No more than 12 participants. Jazz ensembles can choose both songs freely.
SELECTION OF PARTICIPANTS
• The deadline for submission of the application and two photos – 20th April 2019. All the information has to be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. No need to send copies of passports.
• Entrants should send 2-3 song samples of them performing (YouTube link, audio files), except those who won 1-5 places in the Baltic Voice 2018.
• Backing tracks of both songs should be emailed to email@example.com (.mp3 files) or transfered via www.wetransfer.com (.wav files) by 20th June 2018.
• Please name it as shown in the format: [1st or 2nd song] [name of the participant] [name of the song]. Example: 2nd song_Tom Jones_Autumn Leaves.
CONDITIONS FOR PARTICIPATION
The charge of 200€ per contestant includes:
• hotel in Klaipeda (parking space;Wi-Fi) or rest house in Juodkrante 1-5/07/2019 (contestants in rooms with 2-4 beds and amenities, leaders in rooms with 2 beds);
• transport to reach the contest place from Klaipeda;
• food: breakfast (2-5 July); dinner (1-4 July);
• technical service (sound recording, lighting, etc.).
Entrance fee: soloist – 30€; duet – 50€; trio, quartet – 70€; ensemble – 15€ per member.
30% of the payment for a hotel and the entrance fee have to be sent to the account given by 20thMay 2019.
Please email the copy of the pay proof to firstname.lastname@example.org. The rest of the money will have to be paid upon arrival. In case of application withdrawal, the 30% payment deposit will not be refunded in relation to hotel bookings.
Contestants are going to compete for:
• the main prize (contestant with the highest scores) common for all age groups — Gold Grand Prix and a Cash prize;
• Silver Grand Prix and a Cash prize;
• Bronze Grand Prix and a Cash prize;
• A Special Prize from the Mayor of Neringa Council;
• 1st, 2nd, 3rd prizes and laureate awards of 1st, 2nd degree;
• diploma holder (honorable mention);
• prizes and awards by organizers of international festivals and sponsors;
• all participants will receive a diploma for participation.
Contestants will be assessed by the international Jury within the scale of 20 points. Jury’s decision is final and indisputable. In case there is more than one participant with the same number of points the decision of who comes first is made by the Chairman of the Jury.
Assessment criteria: professionalism, originality and stage appearance.
Participants will be awarded during the Gala concert. Performances will be selected by the Jury and organizers. Their decision is final.
• Organizers of the contest have right to take photos, videos during the contest, as well as distribute any audio, video and photo material.
• Leaders are responsible for health and safety of their students.
• By submitting an application, participants are agreeing to comply with the regulations.
• International travel costs are not reimbursed.
• Any questions or problems you may have should be solved with the organizers of the contest.
• The organizers reserve the right to make changes to the competition regulations. Any changes made will be announced on the website http://lietutis.eu/bv_news or https://www.facebook.com/ groups/BalticVoice/ no later than one week before the contest.
• Organisers should be informed of any changes on your song choice no later than a week before the contest.
Name of the organization: Visuomenine organizacija “Lietuciukes”; Organization code: 302304802; Address: Raselės g. 223, Mažeikiai; Bank details: ‘Swedbank’ AB; Bank address: Laisvės g. 17, 89222 Mažeikiai; IBAN: LT197300010113953180; BIC/SWIFT: HABALT22.